WWW.KDTPOKER.COM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WWW.KDTPOKER.COM

Live poker players forum from www.KDTpoker.com poker league

Poker Chips

Thundercat
    Thundercat

Male
    Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2007-08-28

Poker Chips Empty Poker Chips

Post by Thundercat Sat May 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Ive been looking around for some high end home chips. Ive got samples from various suppliers like Chipco and Paulson (Really the only 2 options in high end home game chips). I just received a sample set of Poker Nationals by Paulson. What can I say, excellent high end chips. Ive include a review of these chips below, if anyone is interested in a really great chip for their home games then let me know and Ill bring a sample with me next time I play. I also have Paulson Pharaoh's, Chipco Crystal Oysters, Dunes Commemorative Chips and Blue Chip Desert Palms so lemme know.

National Poker Series: Seems like my 'in box' gets filled up every time a new Paulson chip is about to hit the market. The Nationals showed up at my door today, and I must say right off the bat....they don't suck. Immediately you notice the new spot styles on the chips. There are two different styles depending on the denom. (I'll let the photos do the talking). Colors are strong and bold aside from the 1 and 5, which almost look subdued when compared to the 100, 1000 and 25's. Second thing that hits you is, no currency values. Way to go! I can't tell you how many emails I get from readers outside the U.S. asking for chip recommendations that done have a "$" on them. Smart move by the designers here....so all you guys in Norway that keep emailing me...heads up! Insert design is simple and good looking. Another thumbs up. There is a non-denom chip (grey) for flexiblility, which is another nice thought. Unfortunately, the insert is slick, which is a minor ding when you compare the chips next to the Samurai's or KeyWest's, which have textured inserts. Additionally, the only other issue with these chips is the mold, which wasn't all that bad until recent chip releases like (again) Samurai, KeyWest and InPlay have come out with great (and sometimes original) molds that add a lot to those three chips. So what's the final verdict? These are great chips, and IMHO, easily the best looking of any of the current Paulson designs. If you're a die-hard Paulson fan, then you should be happy that they relaxed the spot restrictions a bit. Another must-have sample set if you're looking for high-end consumer poker chips.
    WEIGHT: 9.8 - 10.3 grams.
    FEEL: 10
    QUALITY: 9.5 (several inserts printed off-center)
    LOOKS: 9
    Manufacturer: Paulson
    Vendor: Apachepokerchips

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:44 pm